Granting permanent residence permission (immigrant status) to foreigners and stateless persons in the Republic of Azerbaijan
Able-bodied foreigners and stateless persons have turned 18 years and temporary residing in Azerbaijan Republic on legal bases for a minimum period of 2 years can give a petition to the State Migration Service for permanent residence (immigrant status). The petition must be given at least 3 month before the expiration date of temporary residence permission of a person in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The petition about immigration is supplemented with the following notarized or other substituting documents:
- Birth certificate or other equal substituting document;
- Reference on family composition (indicating names, surnames, dates of birth, employment of family members and their place of being and residence), copy of marriage certificate, written consent (on immigration) of 14-18 years old children immigrating with the foreigners and stateless persons;
- Medical reference of immigrating persons about not being infected by any of contagious diseases (Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, Hepatitis B and C viruses) included in the list approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Document confirming availability of means to cover minimal needs of foreigners or stateless persons and their family members, except the cases if their expenses are covered by the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan or the person permanently resided in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Document confirming the citizenship of forigners and statelessness of stateless persons;
- Document certified specialty of foreigners or stateless persons;
- 4 photos (3x4 cm) against red background;
- Notarized copy of the document entitling to for move for a residence (Extract from state register of real estate about state registration of property right, order, permit or rental agreement or other document as set forth in the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan);
- Notarized application of the person offering a residential area to foriegners and stateless persons named to the Chief of State Migration Service;
- Notarized copy of the identity card of the person offering a residential area to foriegners and stateless persons;
Related to medical references foreigners and stateless persons can apply to Azerbaijan Republic Diagnostic Centre located in 3166 Tbilisi Avenue, Baku city or International Medical Centre located in 11 “B” A.Molla Juma str., Narimanov district, Baku city.
Note: Immigrant status is granted for five years. After the expiration date of this period for the application of a foreigner and the stateless person grated permanent residence permission can be extended. The number of extensions is not restricted (limited). The petition about extension must be given at least 3 months before the expiration date of permanent residence permission.
Amount of State fee
For granting permission card for permanent residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan and extension its period: